Committee Meeting 2021.12.11

Previous meeting:Committee Meeting 2021.10.23

Next meeting: Committee Meeting NNNN.NN.NN

Table of Contents on right side of page forms the agenda of this meeting. Agenda must be set 48 hours before start of committee meeting.


  • Present: REMOVE NOT PRESENT - Beau, Fletcher, Ben, Jez, JC
  • Apologies: Joshua
  • Absent: Iain, Phoebe, Jason, Vincent
  • Observing: Nil
  • Minute taker: Fletcher
  • Chair: Beau
  • Opened: 1645
  • Closed: 1740
  • Next meeting: See end of minutes

Previous meeting's minutes: Committee Meeting 2021.10.23

Moved By Fletcher
Seconded By Beau
Status Accepted


^ Action Items^ Who^ Completed? |

| Draft acceptance/deferred letter make/implement the thing. | Fletcher | Largely done, getting feedback |

Add “referred by” member field Fletcher Done
Find a VDSL2+ modem, call ABB to start the process. Iain Done
Add Phoebe to events calendar Fletcher Done

  • No correspondence of note

  • Potential fire risk due to capacitor discharge. - Solved using existing mitigation on site.
    • Needs more investigation and discussion

  • Nothing to report

  • Business as usual, run well, :thumbs up:

The Treasurer's Disclaimer: The numbers below have been calculated in a quick way and have not undergone robust checking as for an Annual Report.

Account 11/12/21
Operations $6,836.11
Sale $112.05
Donations $2,725.16
Total $9,673.32

* Rent has been paid early due to the REA closing over the holiday.

Current Status

New Memberships for deferral

  • FULL - Peter Thomson
Moved By Fletcher
Seconded By Beau
Status Accepted

Reports to be emailed in for review of committee when officer does not attend meeting.

IT Officer

  • No report submitted

Event Officer

  • No report submitted

Rehearsal Room Coordinators

  • Issues with band aircon, liasing with infrastructure on solution.
  • Cleanup to be organised


  • Restock required

Membership Officers

  • No report submitted

Membership Storage Officer

  • No report submitted

Updates from subcommittees - discussions or requests for action.

Laser Subcommittee

  • Automated air upgrades are still in progress
  • Bed levelling issue potentially corrected

IT Subcommittee

  • Switching over to AussieBB

Promotions Subcommittee

  • Collectors Zone fair attended. - Fair amount of interest, very low sales.
    • Booked in for feb event
  • Time for a sellable item purge
  • New flyers needed
  • New business cards needed

Sponsored Memberships Panel

  • New student approved

Infrastructure Subcommittee

  • Potential issue with several security cameras has been identified. Fix in progress.

News and discussions on events.

# Denotes run by non-members


  • ADUG - (Coordinators: Richard Harrington, Scott Hollows#) - No report
  • Arduino U - (Coordinators: Hugh, Doug) - Business as usual
  • Open Source Hackers (Coordinators: Stephen Price#) - Business as usual


  • ARTIfrag (Coordinators: Iain, Fletcher, Phoebe) -Event ran, went well

* Chess Knight (Coordinator: Stuart) -

Cosplay and Craft

* Cosplay (Coordinator: Scott) -

  • Leathercraft Workshops (Coordinator: Andrew L aka Western Leathercraft) - Business as usual


  • DIY Synth (Coordinator: Nathan Thompson, Andrew nonlinearcircuits#) - Business as usual

* Mostly Modular Synth (Coordinators: Hugh, Jon) -

  • Noizemaschin!! (Coordinators: Stuart, Tim, Jean-Michel, Skot) - Last event seemed to run well.


  • General Hacking Day (Coordinator: Committee) - Largely business but we have had a few quite hot days that have reduced attendance
  • Open Day (Coordinator: Steve Hodges) - Went really well, high attendance suspected due to fb ad
  • Wine & Design (Coordinator: Committee) - Business as usual

Other business (items not covered by regular meeting sections) may be added to this section up to 48 hours before start of committee meeting.

We have recently been approved for a $1000 grant designed to help volunteers. Our application made the case that safer equipment allows us to reduce the barrier to teaching people with a particular focus on a replacement table saw.

The DeWalt DWE7491-XE 2000W is approximately within our price range ($1,245) and has the added benefit of being more portable (and storable) than our current Triton saw.

The lowest retail cost from an authorized distributor appears to be both Sydney Tools and Mitre 10 with other retailers coming in between $5 and 104 over. Given our previous relationship with Sydney Tools (product support, equipment demos, donations) my preference is that we purchase the saw through them.

In line with our Code of Conduct a potential conflict of interest needs to be disclosed: Beau is currently employed by Sydney Tools.

Motion (if required)

Purchase the DeWalt DWE7491-XE 2000W from Sydney Tools

Moved By Fletcher
Seconded By Ben
Abstain Beau
Status Accepted

Action Items (if required)

Action Items Who
Purchase saw Joshua/Fletcher
Attain funds Iain/Fletcher

Remember to set next meeting time before closing meeting!

  • Next meeting: 2022.01.22 16:30 pm, 6 weeks

Minutes: Committee Meeting 2022.01.22

  • committee/committee_meeting_2021.12.11.txt
  • Last modified: 2021/12/11 17:40
  • by fletcher