Committee Meeting 2021.08.07

Previous meeting:Committee Meeting 2021.07.03

Next meeting: Committee Meeting 2021.08.28

Table of Contents on right side of page forms the agenda of this meeting. Agenda must be set 48 hours before start of committee meeting.


  • Present: REMOVE NOT PRESENT - Iain, Beau, Fletcher, Vincent, Blake, Jason
  • Apologies: Judith
  • Absent: Scott
  • Observing: NAMES
  • Minute taker: Vincent
  • Chair: Iain
  • Opened: 6:14 pm (Planned: 6:00pm)
  • Closed: 7:32 pm
  • Next meeting: See end of minutes

Previous meeting's minutes: Committee Meeting 2021.07.03

  • No mistakes to be rectified
Moved By Beau
Seconded By Blake
Status Accepted
  • Email was written and sent

  • A Maker down south wants to start a space
  • A Community group wants to build a high altitude balloon
  • An IT company wants a space to practice moving servers temporarily
    • Has been arranged, Treasurer will send out invoices.
  • More NDIS enquiries
    • Must take care to avoid undue strain on volunteers.
  • Further email re: former member ban
    • Decision: Allow for mediation on termination under section 12.5 of the constitution.
    • Send response email to this effect.

  • No incidents

  • The drain pump is starting when it shouldn't, Don is investigating

  • Nothing to report

The Treasurer's Disclaimer: The numbers below have been calculated in a quick way and have not undergone robust checking as for an Annual Report.

Account 3/7/21 7/8/21
Operations $10,987.03 $10,186.61
Sale $112.05 $112.05
Donations $2,500.16 $2,545.16
Total $13,612.65 $12,843.82

Pentanet are cutting back on their sponsored services (including us). New price is $119/mo

“From 1 September 2021, your internet plan will be changed to: Fixed Wireless - Commercial - 120Mbps/20Mbps 500GB On-Peak, Unlimited Off-Peak ($119 inc GST) If you do not wish to continue your service, you may opt to cancel your account before 31 August 2021 by responding to this ticket.”

From the start of COVID-19 our financial position has been slipping backwards. We've lost sponsors as businesses have cut back. We've lost members, internal events, and bar sales due to the decrease in community spending. We've also lost once off cash injections from participation at local events (Supanova, Madman etc). The only reason we're still able to move forward with maintenance costs and refurbishments is because these expenditures are being covered by specific members. Without this continued support or injection of funds from other sources we will not survive.

  • Expenses have been covered by private donations.
    • Hand tool replacements
    • Ryobi battery replacement
    • Resin and resin accessories (printing)
    • Dust extraction refurbishment
    • Lighting refurbishment

Current Status

Membership as at 2020-xx-xx:

  • X (+X / -X) Full Members (Monthly+Annual);
  • X (+X / -X) Concession Memberships (Monthly+Annual);
  • X (+X / -X) Band Memberships
  • X (+X / -X) Associate Memberships

New Memberships for approval

  • FULL - Michael Chin

Defer to next meeting

  • FULL - Wally Mulik
Moved By Fletcher
Seconded By Beau
Status Accepted

Reports to be emailed in for review of committee when officer does not attend meeting.

IT Officer


Event Officer


Rehearsal Room Coordinators




Membership Officers


Membership Storage Officer


Updates from subcommittees - discussions or requests for action.

Laser Subcommittee


IT Subcommittee


Promotions Subcommittee


Sponsored Memberships Panel


Infrastructure Subcommittee

  • Various upgrades around the space, focused on the machine room (including dust extraction and a new workbench placement)
  • New carpark lighting is ready to be installed
  • Adding more lights to the carpark

News and discussions on events.

# Denotes run by non-members


  • ADUG - (Coordinators: Richard Harrington, Scott Hollows#) -
  • Arduino U - (Coordinators: Hugh, Doug) - ~4 people last time (compared to 6-7 in previous few).
  • Open Source Hackers (Coordinators: Stephen Price#) -


  • ARTIfrag (Coordinator: Iain) - Event not scheduled
  • Chess Knight (Coordinator: Stuart) - Event not scheduled

Cosplay and Craft

  • Cosplay (Coordinator: Scott) - Event not scheduled
  • Leathercraft Workshops (Coordinator: Andrew L aka Western Leathercraft) - Running normally


  • DIY Synth (Coordinator: Nathan Thompson, Andrew nonlinearcircuits#) - Ran normally
  • Mostly Modular Synth (Coordinators: Hugh, Jon) - Didn't run.
  • Noizemaschin!! (Coordinators: Stuart, Tim, Jean-Michel, Skot) - Event run (postponed from last month due to lockdown), new stage lighting


  • General Hacking Day (Coordinator: Committee) -
  • Open Day (Coordinator: Steve Hodges) - Had ~10 people through
  • Wine & Design (Coordinator: Committee) - Both wine and design is occurring.

Other (new and once off events)

  • OTHER Events

Other business (items not covered by regular meeting sections) may be added to this section up to 48 hours before start of committee meeting.

The annual general meeting must take place by the 30th of September. 14 days notice must be given (21 if a special resolution is proposed).

Motion (if required) Hold the Annual General meeting at 1:00pm on 18 September 2021 at the Perth Artifactory.

Notice NOT to be sent until the next committee meeting, where we ill finalise the agenda.

Moved By Vincent
Seconded By Fletcher
Status Accepted

Remember to set next meeting time before closing meeting!

  • Next meeting: 2021.08.28 6pm, 3 weeks

Minutes: Committee Meeting 2021.08.28

  • committee/committee_meeting_2021.08.07.txt
  • Last modified: 2021/08/24 09:28
  • by vincent